Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Beaded Hair Tie


I went to the Stitches West Convention a couple of years ago and while perusing the booths I was mesmerized by a woman knitting a beaded scarf. (Swallow Hill Creations Booth) I stopped to watch for awhile. ...the woman made it look so easy I decided to buy the knitted scarf book, rayon thread and beads to have a go at it. I had never tried to knit with beads before, it was a lot harder than she made it look. Just beading the thread was grueling and, I believe it took me several tries to get it right. However, through my perseverance I succeeded making April. I chose not to place the beads on every stitch as the pattern indicated, but every other stitch.

The pictures attached are of the left overs I knitted a hair tie/belt, which ever I feel like wearing.

Enjoy.

No comments: