Thursday, May 17, 2007

Projects in the works

There always seems to be something I'm working on. I'm sure that's true of most knitters.

In Progress:

I'm making a shell. I bought two skeins of Knit Picks Sparkles in Beach awhile ago (which has four variegated colors: white, yellow, peach and blue), just to see if I liked it. Well, it's a little stiff and prickly for my taste, and now a discontinued item, so I couldn't buy more even if I wanted too. What to do with only two skeins? Scarf? I decided to use it as edging. I didn't want to put too much money into the project, so I went to Michaels and picked up four skeins of the Lion Brand microspun in french vanilla (the yellow is a close match to the french vanilla).

The microfiber is a stretchy yarn so a semi-fitted shell seemed perfect. I'm knitting the base in stockinette stitch. As for the edging, I decided to use the lotus lace stitch I found in the Interweave knits summer 2006 pattern for Lotus Blossom Tank. I wanted a square neckline rather low cut, so I'm thinking about knitting the sparkles in a broken rib pattern to give it some texture. Lastly sleeves, cute cap sleeves I think.

I'm not a hundred percent sure yet how this will look, since the front isn't quite done, or if I'll even like it.

I'll keep you posted and with a few snap shots so you can follow along.

No comments: